Organic, Aromatic, Soothing, Cooling, Restores pH balance, anti-inflammatory, astringent properties
Our Incredibly Aromatic Ruby Red Grapefruit Hydrosol is steamed distilled in-house, on our own specialized equipment. Because we steam in such small lots, this guarantees that your waters are super fresh, or steamed just for your order!
Health Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like disinfectant, stimulant, anti depressant, anti septic, aperitif, lymphatic purifying
* Anti Oxidant: Like the fruit itself, the essential oil of Grapefruit is rich in anti oxidants. Primarily, in Vitamin-C. This vitamin, in assistance from other anti oxidant components present in Grapefruit Essential Oil, boosts our immune system and fights free radicals. This oil is effective in protecting the body from all harms done by the oxidants, like aging, degeneration of tissues, macular degeneration, loss of vision and hearing, mental and physical sluggishness, nervous disorders and other such problems.
* Disinfectant: The Anti Viral and Anti Microbial properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil make it a good disinfectant. It does not only protect the body from new infections but also eliminates the infections which are already there. It is particularly effective on infections of colon, stomach, intestines, urinary system, excretory system and kidneys. It is further beneficial for oral and ocular infections as well as infections on skin.
* Stimulant: This oil stimulates and stimulates well. It has stimulating effects on the body and on the mind. It stimulates brain, makes it active and gives new directions to thoughts as well as stimulates endocrinal glands and promotes proper secretion of hormones and enzymes, thereby keeping in shape the whole metabolism. It further stimulates nervous system and makes you more active and alert. The digestive system is also benefited from this as it stimulates secretion of gastric juices and bile in the stomach as well as movement of ingested food through intestines. Further, it stimulates lymphatic system, circulatory system and excretory system.
* Anti Depressant: Like essential oils of the most of the citrus fruits, the Grapefruit Essential Oil too has great uplifting and relaxing effects on mind. It induces a positive feeling and hope, cures depression and relieves of anxiety and stress. This effect is due to two reasons. First, due to its aroma and second, due to its stimulating effects which stimulates certain hormones which have uplifting effects on the brain.
* Anti Septic: The anti septic properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil makes it fit for application on bruises, wounds, cuts, acne and infections, to protect them from microbial infections. Further, being an anti septic, it prevents wound from catching tetanus or from being septic.
* Aperitif: If you think you need to eat more to put on some muscles but lack that appetite, this oil could lend you a helping hand. But that does not mean that you need to take it just before the dinner. A regular dose can increase your appetite methodically.
* Lymphatic: This is the ace property of Grapefruit Essential Oil. It is lymphatic. The lymphatic system plays a vital role in our body. It is involved in the removal of unwanted and toxic substances from the body. Grapefruit Oil ensures a good health of lymphatic system and boosts it up, thereby freeing the body from toxins and fighting problems like cellulite, blood urea, rheumatism, arthritis, gout and renal calculi etc.
* Other Benefits: Keeps the skin clean. Particularly good for treating oily skin and acne. Gives a refreshing feeling. Also beneficial for treating stiffness and cramp in muscles.
Use as a refreshing spritz as desired, and during the hydration stages of your routine. May also be used on neck and body.
This hydrosol may be used as a substitute for water in formulations.
Can be used in conjunction with creams and lotions and in dry or wet clay recipes.
For all skin
~ Restores pH balance, relaxes facial muscles, maintains soft and smooth skin and significantly increases hydration
~ Use as a daily facial toner for all skin types from mature to acne-prone
- incredibly aromatic
Botanical Name: Citrus paradisii
For maximum hydration saturate skin with HydroSol: five to seven full sprays. With clean hands, press completely into skin. To help restore the protective hydro-lipid balance of the skin.
Facial Tonic Hydrosols can be used liberally all day long to tone, hydrate, and refresh.
Benefits of Hydrosols for Hair
» Hydrates hair. Hydrosols are natural humectants. They gather moisture from the surrounding and seal it into the hair strands. This leaves hair moisturized and healthy.
» Keeps hair conditioned. When using hydrosols on hair, they naturally condition it which makes hair silky and soft for easy detangling.
» Soothes the scalp. For itchy scalps and dandruff, hydrosols soothe the scalp, kill off bacteria and relieve itchiness.
» Promotes hair growth. Some hydrosols are stimulants which stimulate blood flow to the scalp. This nourishes and invigorates the hair follicles, which promotes hair growth.
Just like all our products, this hydrosol is all natural, organic, made with distilled water and contains no additives....no witch hazel or glycerin. You may add your own if you wish. For best results and lengthen the freshness of the hydrosol storing in the refrigerator is recommended.
Pictured is 1 oz and 2 oz Clear Glass spray bottles.